I was heading out the other night and I had a slight mis-hap with my tights. I got a pull and it formed a ladder… one pair of tights completely ruined – especially as i was going for chic and not punk that night.
However… maybe they aren’t as ruined as I thought…
Thanks to TightsPlease.co.uk I now have lots of ideas for my seemingly (ha, no pun intended) ruined tights. Their tightsperts (is that a word?) have come up with some really genius ideas to help you reuse your old tights!
Some of these do depend on where the tights are snagged or laddered but they really do make way for lots of other ideas of your own.
1) cut off (horizontally) two inch wide strips of your old tights, making elastic loops. Twist them around to create snag free hair ties. Doing this you can experiment with different designed tights and make one off hair accessories exclusive only to you.
2) Ripped tights are actually on trend right now, so don’t be to worried about a hole or a ladder – for a rock chick look, make the hole bigger and add more ladders and wear the ripped tights look sported by Katy Perry, Rihanna and the House of Holland catwalk.
3) For a punk look go for the slash effect with leggings or thick tights. Cut even slits down the side of the leg and experiment with bright colours underneath to create a unique pair of leg wear without shelling out lots of money.
4) Wear your snagged tights under your ripped jeans. A year round, on-trend layered look that doesn’t matter if your tights are ripped because they’ll be hidden by your jeans.
5) Cut off the foot of clean tights, add pieces of soap and then tye the open end closed to make a quick and easy skin scrubber.